Vacancy: Finance Officer
An opportunity has arisen in the accounting department at Dundalk FC.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Job Location: Oriel Park
Reports to: CEO
Hours: 20 hours per week
Main purpose of the role:
- Aid in all aspects of the accounting and financial planning functions at Dundalk FC.
- Ideal candidates will be able to work independently and demonstrate the ability to accurately set up accounts, record transactions, ensure legal compliance and provide reports on accounting and operational effectiveness.
- Process sales invoices, receipts and payment and assist with accounts payable
- Post entries to the general ledger and reconcile entries to prepare a trial balance
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Reconcile bank accounts weekly
- Assist in preparation of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet work papers and provide comprehensive analysis for variances and trends
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Assist in month end and year end close responsibilities
- Understand and apply regulatory business rules to accounting procedures and regulatory reporting for FAI and governmental reporting
- Assist in preparation of annual budget and quarterly reforecasts
- Prepare VAT and ROS returns
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related projects as needed.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Accounting Technician, Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- Minimum three years relevant working experience
- Strong Excel skills as well as other Microsoft Office products
- Prior experience with PAYE/PRSI and VAT calculations
- Ability to work on own, with the aid of senior colleagues
- Experience of using Sage 50 Accounting software
- Strong analytical ability and perseverance to solve problems with high attention to detail
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks within an established timeline
- Strong commitment to ethics and integrity
To apply for this role, please email a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8th 2019.
- Dundalk FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
- Applicants to this post will be subject to referencing and background checks.
- Dundalk FC values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.